On today’s episode, I talk with Mr. Keith Lawless, Deputy Director of Intelligence at U.S. Special Operations Command about fighting for your family. Keith was recently appointed to the Senior Executive Service which is a general officer level rank for civilians. Before becoming a civil servant, Keith served 30 years in the United States Marine Corps where he held various intelligence, command, and staff positions — both stateside and overseas. He is also a veteran of Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Keith and his wife, Donna, have been married for 35 years and have two children: Caitlin (28) and Conor (24). Keith shares his wisdom on how to keep family a priority through the demands of deployments, moves, and a high stress career. However, this episode applies not only to military families but to all families with demanding careers or jobs that take them away from home.
Click to Play
1. How he maintained a close relationship with his wife and kids while deployed/away from home
2. How his wife, Donna supported
3. Semper Fi (Always Faithful)
4. Growing up in a military family
5. How his faith helped
6. Understanding the sacrifice
7. His top 3 things worth fighting for: Nation, Family, and Personal Honor
8. The 3 H’s: He lives by Honor, Humility, and Humor
Subscribe to this Podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you enjoy the Family First podcast, please rate it on iTunes with a short review. It would help spread the show so more people can practice putting their families first. Thank you!