Do you have a “bucket list?” Well, a lot of people have put together such a list over the last few years after watching the movie, The Bucket List. As you probably know, a bucket list is just a list of things that you want to do before you “kick the bucket.”
I had not planned on putting together a bucket list, but after being prompted by some of our team here at Family First, I decided I’d give it a shot. Here it is.
- Love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Be faithful to my wife, Susan, all the days of my life and love her well.
- Watch my children, grandchildren and many generations to come love God with everything they’ve got.
- Watch my daughters and sons walk down the aisle with their life-long mate and dance with my daughters at their wedding.
- Have our children live in the same city as Susan and me.
- See the birth and growth of many grandchildren.
- For Susan and me to spend every moment we can with our children and grandchildren.
- Celebrate holidays with our entire family together.
Those are by far the most important things on my list, but here are a few other things that I’d enjoy!
- Spend a month in Tuscany, Italy with my family.
- Surprise Susan with a trip for just the two of us (I can’t say where since she may be reading this!)
- Take a trip to Hawaii with my family.
- Go hunting in Africa with my sons.
- Take my daughters on an all-expense paid shopping spree in New York City.
- Take an Alaskan fly fishing trip with my sons.
- Speak more with Susan at marriage and parenting conferences and events.
- Write a marriage book with Susan.
That’s my list for now. What’s on your list?