Questions are coffee for our minds. Questions stimulate us. Questions get us thinking, challenge us, and convict us. And while I know you and your spouse won’t ask yourselves these questions every day, it might be good to print this out and put it on your refrigerator, bathroom mirror, or bedside table as a constant reminder that can inspire you in your marriage.
- Did we say, “I love you” and hug each other?
- Did we compliment more than we criticized one another?
- Did we listen to each other more or lecture more?
- Did we go on a date and just have fun?
- Did we talk well about one another to other people?
- Did we focus more on understanding each other than trying to be understood?
- Did we ask, “How can I serve you today?”
- Did we warmly greet one another when we walked in the door?
- Did we model what a marriage should look like to our children?
What other questions should we ask ourselves in our marriage? Please share your comments.