As I’ve shared in several blog posts, the tongue is powerful and words can hurt or heal, tear down or build up. People crave words that help, heal, affirm, build up, and breathe life. Because so many shared, tweeted, pinned, posted, and liked my previous post, 10 Things Husbands Want to Hear from their Wives, I thought I’d share a few more. Here they are:
- “I’m always on your team.” When you and your spouse face a difficult choice, be sure your husband knows that you are his teammate, not his enemy.
- “I wouldn’t want to be on this journey with anyone else.” Life is a journey. Along the way, you’ll witness things that are breath-taking, but you’ll also experience things that are hurtful and sad. Let your husband know that you’re with him no matter what.
- “I don’t’ say it enough, but you are a good man and a good husband.” Don’t be slow to tell your husband that you admire him for the man he is.
- “I don’t understand, but I know you’ll make the right decision.” Life is full of tough decisions. So when you aren’t sure how to handle something, tell your husband you trust him to make the right choice for your family.
- “I hope our daughter marries a man just like you.” Let your husband know that you admire his character. Tell him how you desire for your daughter to find a man with similar integrity.
- “I really appreciate you planning our date.” It’s not always a man’s natural tendency to be creative and romantic. So when your husband plans something special, appreciate him and his effort to be a gentleman.
- “I’m thankful that you always have my best interests at heart.” Recognize how you know your husband wants the best for you.
- “You make life more fun.” Be sure to point out the moments when your husband makes you laugh.
- “I can depend on you to take care of our family.” Let your husband know that you appreciate being able to depend on him to take care of you and your children.
- “You are really courageous.” Your husband faces fears every day—fear of rejection, fear of loss, fear of failure. Be sure to praise him for standing up to these fears with immense courage.
What are some other things husbands want to hear from their wives? Please share in the comments below.