We hear so much today about the dangers of texting while driving and the negative effects constant texting can have on developing relationships. And while those things are true, texting can also be used for good — text your kids.
Ever since our five children got their cell phones and started texting, Susan and I have used this technology to lift them up and encourage them. Sure, there is no substitute for face-to-face conversations or talking on the phone, but texting is often an easy way to quickly communicate with our children.
Today, I want to inspire you to send some brief (yet encouraging) text messages to your kids or grandkids over the next ten days. [Tweet This] Here are a few ideas of what you can say:
- You’re an incredible young man/young lady. I’m so honored to be your (mom/dad/grandma/grandpa).
- You’re going to make a great (wife/husband/mom/dad) one day!
- I love you, no matter what.
- Thinking of you and thanking God for you and the good memories we have together.
- Of all the (moms/dads/grandpas/grandmas) in the world, I’m glad that I get to be yours.
- I was just thinking of you today and it made me smile.
- If you ever need a listening ear, I’m here for you.
- I’m amazed at how talented you are. What a great gift that God has given you!
- I’m so proud of you and impressed by how you handled that situation.
- Always remember that I’m your greatest fan. Cheering you on!
What are some other encouraging text messages you like to send to your kids or grandkids? Please post your thoughts below.