On today’s episode, we are going to discuss why character building, not education, is the most important thing. Head knowledge is important, but heart knowledge is even more important and required to lead a productive, meaningful, and significant life. I’m going to share 5 character traits you need to be teaching your children. Later on the show, one of our All Pro Dad Team Captains, Andy Mayer, will discuss our breakfast program that combines education and character building.
Click to Play
5 Character Traits to Teach Your Children
1. Integrity: Building up a child who knows what’s right and then chooses to do the right thing, no matter how hard the circumstances may be.
2. Honesty: Always model truth to your children. If we want our kids to be honest, then we must be honest ourselves.
3. Humility: Humility has more to do with how you think of others. Humility doesn’t mean that we think less of ourselves; it just means that we think about ourselves less and others more.
4. Courage: Courage is the ability to do the right thing, all the time, no matter how painful or uncomfortable it might be. Let’s encourage our children to stand up for what’s right, stand strong when attacked, and stand out in the crowd!
5. Love: We were created to love God and love others. That’s the most important thing we can teach our children.
Morning Breakfast Programs
- Learn More About Becoming an All Pro Dad’s Day Team Captain
- Learn More About Becoming an iMOM Morning Leader
Subscribe to this Podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you’d like to ask me a question for future episodes, send me an email or head to my podcast question page. If you enjoy the Family First podcast, please rate it on iTunes with a short review. It would help spread the show so more people can practice putting their families first. Thank you!