How to Be Your Husband’s Girlfriend
So, you’ve been married a few years. You’ve settled into a routine…or maybe you’d call it a rut. It may be time to bring back that girl your husband once knew and adored. Now, I’m not suggesting you wind back the clock. But I am suggesting that you bring that spark back into your marriage by being your husband’s girlfriend again.
Here are some ways to do just that:
1. Remember what attracted your husband to you, and do it! Watch sports with him. Make him a special dinner. Take time to do the things you did when you won his heart, and he won yours.
2. Be excited to see him. When you were dating, you were happy just to be in the same room with him. Now, you pass in the hall without even a glance. Stop and give him an unexpected kiss. Step away from the kids to give him a hug. Say, “I love you” before you go to sleep.
3. Surprise him. Text him in the middle of the day for no reason. Put a love note in his briefcase. Pick him up at work and take him to his favorite restaurant for dinner.
4. Let him be the man. Give him a chance to be your hero again. Whether he wants to fix the sink, solve a problem, or take you on a date, let him. No questions asked. Keep the pursuit alive.
5. Sing his praises. When you first met your husband, you thought he was the best at everything. Don’t let him forget that. Praise him as a great husband and dad in front of your children. Compliment his ability to fix the car or do your taxes in front of your friends. Thank him for being a great protector and provider.
How do you act like your husband’s girlfriend? Please share your thoughts with me.